Fitness classes may be postponed and gyms may be closed but the outdoors are still open! There's no better way to social distance you and your family than going for a walk around the neighborhood, following along to a workout video, lifting weights, or using your at-home gym and getting rewarded for it!
Join Quakertown Borough Parks & Recreation for a unprecedented race during unprecedented times... Go the "Social" Distance 100K Virtual Challenge! All ages welcome.
What is a Virtual Challenge?
A virtual challenge can be accomplished from any location and any workout you choose. You can run, walk, jog, bike, follow a workout video, lift weights in your basement, etc. As long as you stay active, self-isolate, and stay healthy you will defeat the challenge!
- Register for the challenge (each person must be registered individually to report miles and earn a shirt) for $15/pp ($5 off each additional person on the same receipt) by June 1, 2020.
- Run, walk, jog, bike, or lift weights on your own time at your own pace
- Keep track of each mile/minute you are active! Record each distance every day before midnight at https://bit.ly/2AL68YW. You can do it from smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- Stack up 62 miles by July 1, 2020 - you can start counting miles when you sign up!
- Each participant who completes the 100K by July 1, 2020 will earn a Going the "Social" Distance Challenge T-Shirt!
- Run, Bike, Walk, and/or lift weights! If you are not a runner or someone that typically exercises that's okay! Let's get you started on an "exercise" routine! Go for a family walk, play on the floor with your child or pet, try an online workout video group, you name it - it can be converted to miles!
- Need to convert your activity to miles? No problem, it is super easy!
- 15 minutes of exercise = 1 mile
- For every 100 move calories burned = 1 mile
- Shirts will be available for pick up after the challenge is complete (after July 1, 2020).
- Shirts can be picked up at Borough Hall (35 N. Third Street, Quakertown, PA 18951)
- There will be 4 Age Group Brackets (Youth, Teen, Adult, Elite)
- Elite Bracket: anybody who is above and beyond the average in our group.
- Winners will be those that complete the most miles/exercise out of their age group.