Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Customer Service -

Monday-Thursday - 8:00am-6:30pm - 267-347-5009 or

Friday- 8:00am-4:30pm - 267-347-5009 or

Utility Emergency-After Hours - 215-721-3520

If you can’t afford to pay your home energy bill, your home may not be safe, and you may be at risk of serious illness or injury.  Some people resort to unsafe methods to keep their homes warm or cool.  These include the use of fireplaces, stoves, improperly vented portable heaters, barbecue grills, or overloading electrical circuits.  These methods are not only fire hazards, but also create the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

You or someone you know may be eligible for help with home heating and/or cooling bills.  The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) may be able to help keep you and your family safe and healthy.

Stay healthy in your home
Energy assistance is important to all who receive it, but more so if someone in your home is elderly, disabled or a child under 6 years old.  These persons are especially at risk for life threatening illness or death if their home is too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.

LIHEAP is a Federally-funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. 

LIHEAP can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  By doing so, you can reduce the risk of health and safety problems (such as illness, fire, or eviction).

The federal government does not provide energy assistance directly to the public.  Instead, LIHEAP operates in the 50 States, the District of Columbia, Indian tribes or tribal organizations, and the U.S. territories.

Who Is Eligible To Receive LIHEAP Assistance?
The LIHEAP program in your community determines if your household's income qualifies for the program.  The LIHEAP program may also require households to meet additional eligibility criteria to receive LIHEAP assistance.*

*NOTE: The availability of LIHEAP assistance is not guaranteed.  Often most of the Federal LIHEAP funds are spent during the winter.

What Assistance Does LIHEAP Provide?
Your LIHEAP program may be able to offer you one or more of the following types of assistance:

  • Bill payment assistance
  • Energy crisis assistance
  • Weatherization and energy-related home repairs

What Information Do I Need To Apply?  You May Need The Following:

  • Recent copies of your utility bills
  • A recent payroll stub or other proof that shows your current gross income
  • Documentation showing income from Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, disability, etc
  • Final Utility Termination Notice (if you've received a shut-off notice from your energy company)
  • Proof of present address (e.g., rent receipt, lease or deed, property tax bill)
  • Proof of total members living in your household (e.g., birth certificates, school records, etc.)
  • Social Security cards (or numbers) for all persons living in your household
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
LIHEAP Recovery Crisis Program

In response to the coronavirus (COVID- 19) health emergency, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will be accepting applications for its Recovery Crisis Program beginning May 18, 2020. The program is scheduled to run through August 31, 2020, or until funds are exhausted — whichever comes first.

How Do I Apply?

DHS will be accepting LIHEAP applications through the COMPASS website or by paper application. You may call 1-877-395-8930 to request a paper application be mailed to you. Paper applications can be mailed to the County Assistance Office (CAO) in your county.

Download LIHEAP Recovery Crisis Program Paper Application - English
Download LIHEAP Recovery Crisis Program Paper Application - Spanish
Find the address of your local County Assistance Office

LIHEAP Documents
- LIHEAP Brochure
- LIHEAP Application - English
- LIHEAP Application - Spanish
- LIHEAP Locations