All Borough residents are required to follow the zoning regulations for the Borough.
Some important items to remember are the following:
- Garage or Yard sales must be held between 9 am and 10 pm Monday through Saturday. There is a $10 fee, and a permit is needed which can be secured in the zoning office or it can be downloaded and dropped off at Borough Hall. Sunday sales are not permitted.
- Permits are required for using a metal detector in the park system.
- Cars must be registered, inspected and in operable condition or must be placed in a fully enclosed building.
The Zoning Ordinance regulates land use and development throughout the Borough depending on the zoning district:
- LR - Low Density Residential District
- MR - Medium Density Residential District
- HR - High Density Residential District
- TC - Town Center District
- NC - Neighborhood Commercial District
- HC - Highway Commercial District
- OB - Office/Business District
- H - Hospital District
- LI - Light Industrial District
Descriptions and limits or requirements for each district can be found by going to the Borough Codes.